One Nation senator Malcolm (77 votes) Roberts is yet to be convinced that climate change is real and is caused by humans.
Malcolm Roberts explains to the Senate how much he knows about climate change
He has asked Chief Scientist Dr Alan Finkel to spell out his logic in asserting that human-induced carbon emissions have been rising since the start of the Industrial Age, that this causes global warming and that warming produces climate change.
It’s a disgrace that someone who was elected to the Senate with just 77 first preference votes can take up the time of Australia’s Chief Scientist and his staff with requests which he could answer for himself with 10 minutes on Google.
Just a little background first to help reader understand what we are dealing wither
- His childhood home was staffed with servants, some of whom were Muslim (the driver and butler)
- Began work as a coalface miner.
- Unemployed for 8 years before election to Senate.
- Colleagues say he was fired by Gordonstone coal mine, a charge which Roberts denies.
- Founded Catalyst For Corporate Performance with his wife and became involved in Eastern and alternative self-help techniques including meditation.
- Chairman of the board of the Brisbane Montessori School (1999 until 2003). The Montessori Foundation and the International Montessori Council Allmoved to distance themselves from Roberts’s views in 2016
- Since 2006, Roberts has been a fulltime political activist, speaking at rallies against the Labor Government’s carbon tax, working for the climate change denying Galileo Movement, and sending hundreds of emails to political, scientific and media figures on the topic.
- Roberts claims in a 300,000 word essay that global warming is UN-inspired hoax to introduce an “antihuman” socialist New World Order, aided by bankers and politicians. The essay was described as “conspiracist rubbish” by climate scientist David Karoly and “utterly stupid” by climate sceptic Andrew Bolt.
- Roberts believes that international bankers (the Rothschilds, Goldman Sachs, the Rockefellers and the Warburg family) are surreptitiously trying to gain global control through environmentalism.
Sen Roberts should not be asking Australia’s chief scientist to run a personal toil for him on a topic that most Y12 schoolchildren are thoroughly conversant.
It’s time Roberts stop flaunting his ignorance in public, made some effort to educate himself and stop wasting Parliament’s and the public’s time and money with his ridiculous requests.